Rules for Application
1. The Danubia Talents Art Association announces an extraordinary edition of the VIII. Danubia Talents International Online Music Competition, which will take place through viewing of the videos received by an international jury.
2. Musicians of all nationalities, without age limit will be admitted to the competition.
3. Four sections: Jazz, Folk, Musicial, Classical Amateur.
Click here to view the description for classical sections.
4. You can subscribe up to all sections.
5. Video requirement
- the video of your performance must not be edited
- the camera must be fixed to avoid the “shaky hands” effect
- your face and hands, as well as your instrument, should be clearly seen
- you should upload your video to YouTube and send us the link to this video
- you can send every piece in one video, or is possible to assemble more performances in an only video
- only recordings made in 2022, 2023 will be accepted. Only direct YouTube links will be accepted, we can not accept video files directly sent to us. Please make sure your recordings are not set to "private", so we can access to them
- Once uploaded, the link cannot be changed!
6. Deadline for application
Deadline for application (including a link to the video) 31 October 2023.
The results of the competition will be announced at www.danubiatalents.com no later than 31 October 2023.
The video link must be received along with the application form by 3 January 2024.
At the end of the Jury's judgement, the results of each category will be made public on 3. Januar on the website www.danubiatalents.com and on Facebook page. The absolute winners and the relative scores will be announced. All participants will receive their diploma via email.
- 1. JAZZ, RAGS, BLUES, FUNK, BOOGIE
All forms of jazz playing, e.g. Blues, Rags, Boogie, Funk, Cool Jazz, Latin American inspired jazz, Fusion, etc.
Solo, small combos, ensembles, and large groups (band/choir/orchestra)
Vocal or Instrumental
Any configuration of instruments and/or voice
Published or newly composed material
- 2. MUSICAL, BROADWAY
Vocalists and instrumentalists perform max 15 minutes from a musical (produced for screen or stage)
Disney musicals included
Solo, duos or small groups (10 or less performers) any configuration of players and singers
Vocalists must have accompaniment: live or recorded
Free repertoire from Broadway/Musicals/Musical Theatre/Disney, perform max 15 minutes!
Performances recorded at home or in the studio may be presented with minimal choreography (Unless you submit video recorded from a stage production, do not include dance, dialogue, full stage production, etc.)
- 3. FOLK, ETHNIC, TRADITIONAL, WORLD MUSIC
This is a category that will welcome: art music by national/local composers, traditional/ethnic music, arrangements of folk and traditional music, adaptations of folk/ethnic/traditional music.
Perform max 15 minutes, own choice repertoire:
Vocal or instrumental Solo, duos, small and large groups
Perform with or without sheet music
Any configuration of players/singers
Folk or traditional instruments, e.g. recorders, Chinese instruments, banjo, balalaika, ukulele, dulcimers, etc., welcomed Traditional costume optional Compositions by local, traditional or national composers encouraged
- 4. CLASSICAL Amateur HOBBYIST
Perform max 15 minutes: from the Baroque (or early art music), Classicism, Romanticism, Impressionism, Modern
Solo and chamber groups
Vocalists and instrumentalists
The judges reserve the right to judge only 15 minutes. You submit a YouTube link (They will not fast forward or rewind to find a specific piece).
8. Age categories & Time rules
Category A: ages up to 18
Category B: 19- no age limit
Age calculated as on September 1st
Time rules A and B category: maximum 15 minutes
9. Entry Fee, Application fee
50 EUR: solo, duo, trio, groups up to 4
80 EUR: groups more than 5
10. Awards, Prizes
The absolute winners in every category win the prizes below:
Category A: 250 EUR
Category B: 500 EUR
Absolute first prize: (points 99-100) certificate
First prize: (points 95-98) certificate
Second prize: (points 90-94) certificate
Third prize: (points:80- 89) certificate
Honourable mention: (points 70-79) certificate
Participation: (lower than 69 points) certificate
The jury reserves the right not to award prizes if no candidate achieve the standard required.
The jury's decisions will be final and not subject to any appeal.
The jury is made up of well-known artists from Hungary and other nationality.
The payment of registration fee please transfer to this account number:
EUR Bank Account:
Name: Danubia Talents Art Association, 1091 Budapest, Üllői út 121. Hungary
Bank name, address: Erste Bank Zrt., 1138 Budapest, Népfürdő u. 24-26. Hungary
Bank account number: 11600006-00000000-85001482
IBAN: HU88 1160 0006 0000 0000 8500 1482
Note: Danubia Talents and name/ /section/ category
The paid fee is non-refundable.
Registration on Application form and please attach:
- Vocational CV or teacher recommendation,
- Copy of your ID or Passport
- For underage candidates, a consensus form, signed by a parent or guardian,
- Copy of application fee proof of payment.
Condtition of the apply:
- Correct fill of the registration form
- Documentation of the entry fee
- Participation fees are non-refundable. If the contestant or his/her official representative, for any reason, withdraw from participation in the contest, the fee will not be returned!
- Who apply incorrectly or we do not receive their application, the fee will not be returned!
- Once the application fee is paid it cannot be refunded by any circumstances.
- The payment reference must contain the wording "Contribution to Danubia Talents Online Competition 2021, the candidate's surname, section and category.
- The registration fee is not refundable, with the exception if the competition is cancelled.
In absence of the participation fee, the registration will not be valid and participation will not be guaranteed.
12. Registration procedure
Candidates will be able to register for the competition from 1 July 15, 2023 and no later than 31 October 2023 by filling in the registration form on the website www.danubiatalents.com to complete the registration procedure, follow all the instructions on the form including the upload of the required documents and link.
Any questions sent after the deadline may exceptionally be accepted at the discretion of the Artistic Director.
On the application form, candidates must indicate the author, title and duration of the compositions that will be performed in the video.
Each candidate, by signing the entry form, will renounce all rights, fees and claims regarding such recordings, films and broadcasts.
For underage candidates, a consensus form, signed by a parent or guardian, is required to authorise personal data, photos, audio and video submitted.
- Candidates, awarded at the International Danubia Talents Online Competition, commit themselves to use the title actually issued by the jury. Any abuse will be prosecuted according to the law.
- Registration for the Competition implies acceptance of these rules, Competition Administration reserve the right to amend any of the rules or regulations contained herein if it is considered necessary to give proper efficacy to the running of the Competition.
The organizers hold the right for themselves to change the rules if it will be necessary.
These rules are obligatory without any condition.
Every given datas will be handled privately, according to the updated laws.
For any dispute, the jurisdiction will be under the Hungarian legislation.